Android App and Transfers

(John Ferguson) #1

Firstly I would like to say what a fantastic piece of software. I have committed to scanning all my music in and I’m really enjoying user Power Music.

Looking through the forums I see mention of an App being developed for Android and I have 2 questions about this:

1. Is this currently being developed and if so is there an estimated release date?
  2. Will this allow transfer of files onto the device without using Power Music Box? (I assume this is not possible with iOS due to restrictions on file transfer?)

Keep up the great work!

John

(Power Music Guru) #2

HI John
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a great encouragement to hear that Power Music is being well used!
To answer your questions:

1. An android app is not currently being developed, therefore we have no estimated release date at the moment.
  2. When and if we develop an Android app it will require Power Music Box to transfer songs. The reason for this is that it is not simply ‘Files’ which are transferred, but complete songs, including chords, scores and indexing for authors and categories. Using the Box utilises the database features and makes song transfer cross platform.