Connecting PM to a projector

Mostly we use Song-Pro to display the worship song words for the congrgation.

Occasionally we need to be able to project the PM screens on to the main Projector as well as our music screens.

Song-Pro is driven from one laptop and we have a switch-box for selecting input to the projector from either this laptop or any other (4 inputs).

How best to connect the music laptop with PM to this switch box?

The switch-box is at the back of the sanctuary at the sound/vision control desk about 50 feet plus away from the band, at the front of the sanctuary.

Is there some sort of wirless device we can use??

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil
You could just run a vga cable 50ft - that’s about the limit for svga signals from a splitter. Or you could get a pair of vga to Cat 5 converters and run a Cat 5 cable to the back. I am sure there is some wireless solution out there but it would be expensive and probably not support the hi resolution you run for PM.
Cheers
Gordon

Thanks Gordon. I’ll give it a try with our existing cables (10m) to check everything else works OK before I buy a 50m cable.

Is a Cat 5 cable a network cable, and is it different from a Cat 6?? Maplins have 40m “CAT 6 UTP Network Patch Cables” for about £35. Am I looking for the right thing??

N.

Hi Neil
Cat 5 and Cat 6 are used for Ethernet - Cat 6 is for 1000Mb/s and Cat 5 for 100Mb/s. There is also Cat 5e which is better quality than Cat 5 but not as good as Cat 6! The advantage of using Cat 5/6 is that the cable is much thinner and costs much less than VGA cable. However you need a pair of VGA to Cat 5 converters (about £50 - £60) Also you can extend the distance to about 50m using Cat 5. I had a look for wireless solutions but the cheapest I could find was £400!!! Maplin price is a wee bit high for the cable.
I think Cambron could supply a 20m (60ft) VGA cable for about £35.
Cheers
Gordon