Copying song pages between songs

Hello,

Is it possible to copy pages from one song to another, or to a new song within PMP? I use songs to hold sets for dances. A set will consist of 3 or 4 tunes. A tune may appear in many different sets (songs), but in different combinations. Normally I just import the tunes I need into a new song from a folder I have of scanned PDF files, but I got caught out last week where I had to make up a set on the fly. I could see the tunes I needed in different sets (songs), but couldn’t find a way to copy them and put them together in a new set (song). Thanks.

Hi Jim,

It’s for this reason that I have each tune imported separately into PMP.
It lets you create a Set {playlist) in a jiffy!
I should have replied to your previous post before Christmas … as a ceilidh dance accordion player I’ve found a way that works for me.
So, I’ll do that after I’ve posted here.

Russell

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your reply, and I see your point. In other words, you are using playlists as sets. I tend to use playlists for dances, and songs for sets. For example, I’ll have a playlist called ‘Gay Gordons’, and the songs (sets) that I add to that will depend on the band that I am playing for. That way I can easily have half a dozen sets, and can reorder depending on what ones we are going to use.
Then the next night, if I’m playing for a different band who use slightly different sets, then I just load my playlist up with the sets they use :slight_smile:

Hi Russell,

I’ve been giving this more thought. There is no reason why I can’t hold both sets and individual tunes as songs. I can hold individual tunes in a library called ‘Accordion Tunes’, and the sets in different band libraries. That way, if I’m working with Band A, and we are doing a Gay Gordons, I create the playlist of their sets from their library, and if need be just add tunes to the playlist to make up new sets. OK, it’s not perfect, but it would give me a workaround if I had to throw something together.

Hi Jim,

I think we’re on the same page!
I replied to your previous post about grouping tunes and detailed my workaround there.

Russell