Error starting PM if not connected to Internet

(Ken Granger) #1

I get a message box that says “Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance.” The details log is attached.

Is this normal?

(Power Music Guru) #2

Hi kennyg
No, this is not normal. Power Music checks for updates but will continue to run normally if you are not connected to the internet.
Has this happened before? What happens if you connect to the internet? Have you already updated to the latest version?

Thank you for sending the log file. We will investigate and see if can solve it.

(Ken Granger) #3

It happens every time I start Power Music when I’m not connected (obviously, or maybe not obviously, I’m running it on my laptop.) I am on version 2.0.3.4 of Power Music 3.

When I connect to the Internet it runs just fine. No problems at all. Thanks for your prompt response!

(Power Music Guru) #4

Hi kennyg
I assume you are using wi-fi on your laptop?
Can you try this:
Download the current version of Power Music, saving the file to your hard drive. Uninstall Power Music (don’t worry - you will not lose your songs). Run the installation from the downloaded program.
Does this fix the problem?
It might also be an idea to clean out your temporary internet files - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897 (though this may be unrelated to your problem)

(Ken Granger) #5

Reinstalling did the trick. Probably should have thought of that myself…duh. Thanks for your help. Back to work now!

(Power Music Guru) #6

Glad it’s sorted!