Non-English version

Hello,
I have a compatibility problem. In the Hungarian chord notation we use the ‘H’ character instead of ‘B’.
So H chord means B and B chord means Bb here. Would it be possible to use the ‘H’ character with chord names?
It also would be helpful to be able to use more difficuld chord names /jazz chords/.

Thanks for your efforts!

studiozr

Hi studioz
I’m afraid the chord notation is only in English at the moment. Perhaps a translator could be included in a future version, though.
Can you give an example of more difficult chords you would like to use?

Thanks for the answer!
I don’t need a full Hungarian language version only this little modification with the ‘H’ chord, though.

There are lots of more complex chords like C9#5b or Cmaj9/11#, etc.

These chords can all be used with parenthesis, eg C(9#5b) or Cmaj9(/11#). Just type the chord you want and enclose the alteration in parenthesis (brackets).
Anything between brackets in a chord line is ignored by the parser so the chord can still be transposed.

Thanks!

I tried the trial version. I’m going to purchase the pro software.
Tell me if you need any help with the Hungarian version/translation!

Cheers,
studiozr

That’s great, studiozr. Is it just the H chord you would need? Would you also need B for Bb? This seems to be a European notation, not just Hungarian, is that correct?

pmGuru wrote:

Yes, some other European languages use this “funny” notation, like Polish, eg.
So we need H for B /English version/
and B for Bb/English version/

Do you also use “is” for sharp and “es” (“s” after A and E) for a flat?

We have special notations for flat and sharp notes but we also use "#’ and “b” characters.

Hungarian chart:

GB HU

C# = Cis
D# = Dis
E# = Eis
F# = Fis
G# = Gis
A# = Ais
B# = His

Cb = Ces
Db = Des
Eb = Es
Fb = Fes
Gb = Ges
Ab = As
Bb = B

B = H

Thanks, studioz. This is something we can certainly put into a future version. There are many things to consider, though, such as whether to implement global translation of existing songs or whether to simply allow selection of Hungarian chords when using the chord sheet editor. With the latter the parse feature would then have to allow both sets of chords.
We are reluctant to have different versions of Power Music for different languages so it have to be settings within the program.
Plenty food for thought there …

Good news! Thank you!
Feel free to ask for any help if needed.

studiozr

Hi studioz
We have created a test version for you to try with the language option:
www.cambronforum.com/testarea/PM3Install1.exe
Please could you download it, save and then run. This should give you version 1.0.1.8
Go to Tools > Settings > Language and select the alternative European option.
Have a go at setting up your chard charts and let us know if we have understood you correctly.

Thanks

Thanks for the new version, I download and test it.

It seems to work correrctly except I can see ‘flat’ notes only /Ces,Des,Es, etc/when editing the song.

It depends on the key of the song. Select the key first (top left). If you choose a key with sharps, like D, E, G, A, B then sharps will be in the chord structure list and on the list of suggested chords on the left.
If you want the key to be F sharp or G sharp however, that is on the TO DO list.
Remember you can type any chord in a chord line and if it is valid then it will be recognised by the parser.

This option is now included with the new update - see Version 1.0.2.

Thanks that’s great!
I’ve got one more question: What about modulation? I mean key change within a song /from F to G e.g/?

To change key within a song - go to the chord sheet editor, select the section you want to change and use the transpose option. You will then be prompted to change the selection only or the whole song. If you choose the selection only then it will transpose just that part of the song.

Thanks I’ll try that.

Hi,
Alternative European notation doesn’t work here :frowning: I tick it in the settings window and save. Open a new song and I can see the English chord versions only. Can You help, please?