Pressing PED switch loads Welcome to Office sign in

Hi All,

I have been using the Airturn PED in PM5 without a problem for years. After a win10 update last week the PED wouldn’t connect on bluetooth. I removed it as a device, and re-installed it all ok. Now in PM when I press either ped switch the screen flickers but does not move forward to the next page, and then a Microsoft Office ‘Welcome to Office sign in’ screen pops up (which I have never seen before). ??? I do not use Office on the computer so I uninstalled the trial version of office 2013 and uninstalled all office apps I could find. No change. It’s not just in PM - This welcome to office screen also appears on top of all other programs if I press the Ped pedal. Help!

Paul

Hi Paul
Well this is a first!!!
Never seen anything like this before.
Could you try something for me?
Open Notepad and click inside the window so the cursor is active in Notepad.
Press the pedal and let me know is any text appears in the Notepad screen.
Cheers
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. If I click inside Notepad I get no text and the same cursed Office load page! It is the same on any application on the computer (Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13)
The only setting on PED that doesn’t load that page is mode 6 - left/right click mouse button.

Paul

P.S. Just paired the PED with my desktop computer - does the same thing!!

P.P.S. When the PED would not pair with the laptop last week I put a new battery in (I have known it in the past it sometimes having a problem pairing if the battery was low). Did something happen then to the PED?

The cursed Office app re-installs itself everytime I press the PED button! If I switch off the internet, it tries to load but then moans about ‘no internet connection’. I have looked on the net, and tried many different combinations of keypresses to try to discover what the PED is sending to load the Office sign screen, but no luck. (Was that what you were looking for in Notepad, Gordon?)

???

Hi Paul
Sorry for the delay getting back to you.
Have you tried a complete reset of the PED. I think it is done by holding the power button for 15 seconds or something!
Cheers
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Holding down the power button when the unit is already switched on for 6 seconds or so resets the bluetooth pairing with the computer (three flashes of the battery and bluetooth indicator), but holding for longer doesn’t appear to do anything. The manual refers to resetting/updating the firmware but as far as I can see that is only available via an Apple app and I don’t have any apple products. So no further progress sorry to say! Unless you can suggest more, I reckon it’s time for a new PED. Annoying, but wasted enough time on it now. :frowning_face:
Thanks, Paul