Transferring songs to playlist

(John Hunter) #1

I want to set up a new playlist from contents of a library . Is there a way of transferring titles in bulk rather that by one song at a time.Is there a way of transferring contents of a library to a playlist rather than one at a time?

(Brenda Cameron) #2

Hi John
There is no way at the moment to bulk transfer songs to a playlist, though it is going to be a feature in the new version which we hope to release later this year.
It is, however, very quick to scroll down the songs in a library using the down arrow key, and press enter to add to the playlist each time. Then you can re-order and save your playlist.
I hope that helps.
Brenda

(John Hunter) #3

Thanks . Will try . Hadn’t realised i could do that

(John Hunter) #4

Sorry I misunderstood. I can do that but if I want to export I am taken to the Pmzip export page which has 2 options 1. most recent 2. Alphabetical . There isn’t( or I can’t find it) any link to either playlist or library and I have to start again scrolling down my list of songs.

Will be happy if i can transfer entire playlist to export zip in one move.

(Brenda Cameron) #5

Hi John
Sorry, I thought you meant you wanted to add songs to a playlist from a library.
If you already have a saved playlist go to the Save options on the playlist toolbar.
playlist_menu

You will see lots of options there including Export songs to PMzip. This will export all the songs on the playlist to a PMzip. You can also export the playlist (this just contains the titles).

(John Hunter) #6

Thanks . I do really want to transfer songs direct from library but thought that if i make up a playlist first I could in due course move it directly from there although I suppose it amounts to the same thing.

(Brenda Cameron) #7

I suppose what you really want is more filtering on the export screen.
This is something to consider for our new version.

(John Hunter) #8

Yes .That would be good. Have a library with substantial number of songs so any way of facilitating transfer ( which I haven’t had occasion to need before )would be good .
Very much appreciate you interest and support