'Wrist watch' style page turner

(Graham Willson) #1

As a pipe organist using PM live on a touch-screen, I would find it very useful to have another means of page turning other than touching the screen or using the foot pedal (which is impossible to place under a church organ on an ‘ad hoc’ basis).

Can a manufacturer please design a ‘wrist watch’ type device (Wireless or Bluetooth) which could be worn on the right wrist (or left if preferred). It would then be fairly simple to tap its screen with the left (or right) hand. So, even when playing a very fast toccata it would be possible to quickly turn to the next page ‘risk free’. It would not need to have an option to turn back a page, as if there were repeats within the score, the extra pages could be scanned in and added so that the musician only moved through the pages with no need to turn back. If it was necessary to turn back, touching the screen as now, would suffice.

(Peter Day) #2

I suppose the other option would be a much smaller version of the foot switch. This could then be placed somewhere suitable or even attached using velcro or some such…

(Power Music Guru) #3

As an aside to going back a page not being necessary - to add extra pages for repeats you can use the ‘Duplicate’ button in the editor rather than re-scanning.

(Graham Willson) #4

Of course! Thanks - I had overlooked that when I posted.

(Bernard Perry) #5

Hi Graham,

Having read the conversation below, I think that you may be interested in an AirTurn Digit II which is a Blue Tooth Switch (no cables) and is compatible with Power Music 4 and Power Music Pro.

You will see that it is very compact and there is a photo example of it being placed on a keyboard in a convenient place using white tack. Please following the above link.

I believe that it would be more practical than a wrist watch turner providing that you can find a suitable place for it on your particular, pipe organ.

(Bernard Perry) #6

I cannot see where the link was posted in the message so here it is again:

www.sightread.co.uk/airturn-digitii.html

[quote=“BJP01” post=1346]Hi Graham,

Having read the conversation below, I think that you may be interested in an AirTurn Digit II which is a Blue Tooth Switch (no cables) and is compatible with Power Music 4 and Power Music Pro.

You will see that it is very compact and there is a photo example of it being placed on a keyboard in a convenient place using white tack. Please following the above link.

I believe that it would be more practical than a wrist watch turner providing that you can find a suitable place for it on your particular, pipe organ.[/quote]

(Graham Willson) #7

Hi. Thanks for your posts. The airturn page turner looks quite tempting and I have had a look at their website. Thank you for pointing me in their direction. I am grateful. I am almost tempted to purchase one, but for me there is still the risk of tapping the wrong button in haste! All I need is the ability to turn pages forward only, with 100% no risk. (Still, I might invest in an airturn while I await the invention of my suggestion.) With kind regards, Graham.